Mortar or rocket fire once again struck the northern Golan Heights on Sunday afternoon (June 25), for the second time in less than two days.
“A short while ago, several projectiles fired from Syria hit an open area in the northern Golan Heights,” the IDF said in a statement following the attack. “No injuries have been reported,” the IDF said. “The errant projectiles are a result of the internal fighting in Syria.”
Nevertheless, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said less than 24 hours earlier that the State of Israel will not tolerate any sort of fire from across the border.
“Our policy is clear,” he said. “We do not accept trickles of any kind – no mortar shells, no rockets, no spillover fire – on any front. We respond with force to any hit on our territory or to our citizens.”
It is likely the IDF will retaliate promptly in response to this attack as it did to the previous barrage of mortar shells on Saturday.